Next Chapter Meeting:
Saturday, February 9, 2019
11 AM – 3 PM
Bothwell Arts Center, Livermore (map)
Do you ever wish you had a print of an artwork you have given away, sold or have been asked by friends and family if they could get a print? This demo will help us understand the simple steps to creating prints and cards using your computer and photo/art printer. We are going to hear from Paula Greer about how to use Adobe Photoshop to prep digital images (photos, scans) of our artwork so we can create prints and cards. Paula will have her laptop and printer set up so we can see the step by step process. To compliment Paula, Peggy Milovina Meyer will be talking about how to work with a commercial printer for those who would prefer the printing be done by a professional.
- Business meeting
- Lunch break – remember to bring your own lunch
- Show and tell (bring your completed art or work in progress to share)
We look forward to seeing you all there!
- January 2019 – CPSA’s ExploreThis!15 acceptance list is now posted on the CPSA website. Drawings can be viewed starting February 1, 2019, and they will be there for an entire year, until January 31, 2020. Check it out….our member, Tracey Chaykin, was selected!
- We are looking for ideas for field trips throughout the year. Please send your ideas to our President (go to the Contact page). Here are some we have so far:
- Lenz Arts in Santa Cruz is having a presentation Saturday, January 26, 12-2 PM, “Fine Art Papers from Strathmore and Canson”, by Kari Foteff, the Regional Manager from FILA Fine Art Group (which owns both Strathmore and Canson). She will have samples of new papers that have been added to the lines and demonstrate some mixed media techniques. There will be one-day sales on the paper brands, plus a raffle and free samples for those in attendance.
- FiLoLi Gardens in Woodside – We visited FiLoLi on Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Gilroy Gardens in Gilroy
- Hakone Japanese Gardens in Saratoga