Next Chapter Meeting:
Saturday, August 10, 2019
11 AM – 3 PM
Bothwell Arts Center, Livermore (map)
- Regular meeting business.
- Lunch break (please bring your own lunch).
- Demo – Check back later for details.
- Share your work in progress and finished work.
Anyone who would like to help set up before the meeting please arrive at 10:30, or stay a little late and help put tables and chairs away. We welcome all volunteers.
Please let Paula Greer know of any accomplishments you have had since the last meeting, e.g., awards, acceptance into a show, published work, etc.
Clear your calendar and plan on coming to learn, share and have some fun!
- January 2019 – 2020 – CPSA’s ExploreThis!15 acceptance list is now posted on the CPSA website. Drawings can be viewed starting February 1, 2019, and they will be there for an entire year, until January 31, 2020. Check it out….our member, Tracey Chaykin, was selected!
- July 31-August 3, 2019 – 27th Annual CPSA International Convention – This year our District Chapter 210 members will present a booklet of all things Monarch Butterfly. We hope to use the work from this project to bring more visibility to their plight and perhaps to provide some funds towards saving these beautiful creatures. More on that later.
- Artwork Details:
- 70% colored pencil, surface not to exceed 1/16” in thickness, any color of paper/surface acceptable.
- Size – 5” x 7” unframed (plan on making cards to sell at a later date/event).
- Subject – Monarch butterfly in any phase of its lifecycle.
- Due date: June 30. Deliver to Paula Greer.
- Artwork Details:
- October 1 – October 30, 2019 – Explorations in Colored Pencil VIII – Our District Chapter 210 annual show will be held at the San Ramon Senior Center. The receiving/hanging will take place on Tuesday, October 1, and takedown will be on Wednesday, October 30. Mark your calendar now and start preparing your art work for display. And plan on helping with the planning and execution of this wonderful annual show. Watch your email for information from our President, Paula Greer (see email sent 1/31/2019).
- October 12, 2019 – The Livermore ArtWalk – We have somewhat of a conflict this year with our annual Chapter Show and the annual ArtWalk. The Livermore ArtWalk is an exhibit only event, meaning our members can hang any of their art, even if it is older work, or if it has been at ArtWalk before. Anything that isn’t eligible for our Chapter Show can be hung at ArtWalk. Watch your email for information from our President, Paula Greer (see email sent 1/31/2019). Volunteers are needed. Mark your calendar now!
- We are looking for ideas for field trips throughout the year. Please send your ideas to our President (go to the Contact page). Here are some we have so far:
Lenz Arts in Santa Cruz is having a presentation Saturday, January 26, 12-2 PM,“Fine Art Papers from Strathmore and Canson”, by Kari Foteff, the Regional Manager from FILA Fine Art Group (which owns both Strathmore and Canson). FiLoLi Gardens in Woodside – We visited FiLoLi on Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Gilroy Gardens in Gilroy
- Hakone Japanese Gardens in Saratoga
- Oakland Zoo in Oakland