Next Chapter Meeting:
Saturday, June 13, 2020
11 AM – 3 PM
Bothwell Arts Center, Livermore
2466 8th Street, Livermore (map)
All are welcome to attend; you don’t have to be a member
- NOTE: Our meeting room will now be in the far back room; all the way back to your left (west) as you come in the front door.
- Regular meeting business.
- Demo: TBD (check back later for details)
Please let Peggy Milovina Meyer know of any accomplishments you have had since the last meeting, e.g., awards, acceptance into a show, published work, etc.
Clear your calendar and plan on coming to learn, share and have some fun! Remember to bring your project from our November meeting.
- January 2020 – 2021 – CPSA’s ExploreThis!16 acceptance list is now posted on the CPSA website. Drawings can be viewed starting February 1, 2020, and they will be there for an entire year, until January 31, 2021.
- June 1 – July 31, 2020 – Chapter exhibition at the San Ramon City Hall. This will NOT be a judged show and will be open to work using colored pencil and other media, work that has won awards at previous Explorations in CP, and work older than three years. The purpose is to educate the public about colored pencil as a fine art medium. Please contact Peggy Milovina Meyer if you would like to work on planning, hanging/curating, or taking down this show. Stay tuned for further details.
- September through October (load in/out dates TBD) – Exhibitions in Colored Pencil IX will be at the Bankhead Theatre Gallery in Livermore, CA. This is a large venue with a lot of foot traffic. This is an exciting opportunity for our chapter. You will be receiving regular updates about details and to encourage each of you to enter at least two pieces into the show. If you have been thinking of creating a piece larger than what you usually produce, this is the time to do it! Plan ahead and start working NOW! Please contact Peggy Milovina Meyer if you would like to work on planning, hanging/curating, or taking down this show.
- October 10, 2020 – Livermore ArtWalk – We will have a double size booth this year at our usual location! This will allow for a better flow for viewers, a cashier station, and possibly a demo table. For those who did not participate in the past, or those who have not produced prints or cards of your work, please consider doing so for this event. We had record sales of prints, cards and books at the 2019 event. Don’t miss this opportunity to show your work and possibly make some sales. Remember, this is an art festival and people come to see and buy! Please contact Peggy Milovina Meyer for information and if you are interested in helping before and/or during the event.
- We are looking for ideas for field trips throughout the year. Please send your ideas to our President (go to the Contact page).