Next Chapter Meeting:
Saturday, August 18, 2018
11 AM – 3 PM
Bothwell Arts Center, Livermore (map):
At our next meeting, we will have a demo of Derwent supplies, particularly the newest lightfast Derwent pencils, which will just be coming out in August. You will not want to miss this meeting!
UPCOMING EVENTS for 2018
- January 15, 2018 – Prospectus for the national CPSA 26th Annual International Exhibition (2018) is now available on the national CPSA website. Check there for all the details. Following is a synopsis of important dates:
At the 2017 convention, our CPSA 210 members created a group project that was on display along with other Chapters’ submissions (see page 41 in the January 2018 CPSA To The Point magazine). We have selected a project for this year’s annual convention: Our theme is “The Secret Garden.” Your challenge is to create a drawing of some aspect of a garden you enjoy. It could be anything…like a persistent “volunteer” plant, wildlife, a flower, plant or tree, a fountain, a favorite place to sit…it’s up to you and your imagination. Our goal is to also have these drawings on display at our annual CPSA 210 Chapter show reception (see details below) on July 21st. Start drawing!
- January 15, 2018 – CPSA’s ExploreThis!14 acceptance list posted on CPSA website. Check it out….our member, Denise Howard, was selected!
July 18, 2018 – Our annual Chapter Show is underway. Click the image below for details:
- We are looking for ideas for field trips throughout the year. Please send your ideas to our President (go to the Contact page). Here are some we have so far:
- FiLoLi Gardens in Woodside – We have a date for this field trip: Saturday, June 23rd. More information will follow, but please let our President know if you plan to go, and especially if you can drive a carpool of members, or if you need a ride.
- Gilroy Gardens in Gilroy
- Hakone Japanese Gardens in Saratoga
- October 13, 2018 – Livermore Art Walk. Our organization has a booth every year at this event. Please consider submitting some of your art work as well as smaller items for sale, such as cards and matted prints. Also, we need your help with setup, tear-down, and manning the booth, so please contact our President if you can help in any way.