Next Chapter Meeting:
Saturday, May 12, 2018
11 AM – 3 PM
Bothwell Arts Center, Livermore
(Add these future 2018 meeting dates to your calendar (Bothwell Arts Center, Livermore (map)): August 18th, November 10th; more details to follow)
UPCOMING EVENTS for 2018
- January 15, 2018 – Prospectus for the national CPSA 26th Annual International Exhibition (2018) is now available on the national CPSA website. Check there for all the details. Following is a synopsis of important dates:
At the 2017 convention, our members created a group project that was on display along with other Chapters’ submissions. See page 41 in the January 2018 CPSA To The Point magazine. We would like to create another project and we need ideas. Please contact our President with any ideas, and if you would like to participate.
- January 15, 2018 – CPSA’s ExploreThis!14 acceptance list posted on CPSA website. Check it out….our member, Denise Howard, was selected!
- May 1, 2018 – Vera Curnow, founder of CPSA, has a new 2018 challenge for us. Read pages 4-5 of the January 2018 issue of the CPSA To The Point magazine for all the details….create a drawing with only three colors…cyan, magenta, and yellow. She even suggests which specific colors to use for several colored pencil brands. This is not a contest, but submit before May 1, 2018, and if you are among the first 50 people to submit your drawing, it will be included in the next issue of To The Point magazine. Start your drawing today!
Planning for our 2018 CPSA DC210 Explorations in Colored Pencil VII Chapter Show is underway. Start working on a piece now so you will be finished in time. Put these important dates on your calendar. We need volunteers to help with hanging & take-down of art work on the start and end dates. We also need volunteers to help during the reception. Please contact our President if you can help (Contact page).
- July 16th, Monday: Hanging of art pieces
- September 27th, Thursday: Show Ends
- September 28th, Friday: Takedown of art pieces
- Venue: San Ramon City Hall, 7000 Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon.
- Reception: No date for the reception has been confirmed yet.
- We are looking for ideas for field trips throughout the year. Please send your ideas to our President (go to the Contact page). Here are some we have so far:
- October 13, 2018 – Livermore Art Walk. Our organization has a booth every year at this event. Please consider submitting some of your art work as well as smaller items for sale, such as cards and matted prints.