Next Chapter Meeting:
Saturday, August 18, 2018
11 AM – 3 PM
Bothwell Arts Center, Livermore (map):
At our next meeting, we will have a demo of Derwent supplies, particularly the newest lightfast Derwent pencils, which will just be coming out in August. You will not want to miss this meeting!
UPCOMING EVENTS for 2018
- January 15, 2018 – Prospectus for the national CPSA 26th Annual International Exhibition (2018) is now available on the national CPSA website. Check there for all the details. Following is a synopsis of important dates:
At the 2017 convention, our CPSA 210 members created a group project that was on display along with other Chapters’ submissions (see page 41 in the January 2018 CPSA To The Point magazine). We have selected a project for this year’s annual convention: Our theme is “The Secret Garden.” Your challenge is to create a drawing of some aspect of a garden you enjoy. It could be anything…like a persistent “volunteer” plant, wildlife, a flower, plant or tree, a fountain, a favorite place to sit…it’s up to you and your imagination. Our goal is to also have these drawings on display at our annual CPSA 210 Chapter show reception (see details below) on July 21st. Start drawing!
- January 15, 2018 – CPSA’s ExploreThis!14 acceptance list posted on CPSA website. Check it out….our member, Denise Howard, was selected!
- May 1, 2018 – Vera Curnow, founder of CPSA, has a new 2018 challenge for us. Read pages 4-5 of the January 2018 issue of the CPSA To The Point magazine for all the details….create a drawing with only three colors…cyan, magenta, and yellow. She even suggests which specific colors to use for several colored pencil brands. This is not a contest, but submit before May 1, 2018, and if you are among the first 50 people to submit your drawing, it will be included in the next issue of To The Point magazine. Start your drawing today!
July 18, 2018 – Planning for our 2018 CPSA DC210 Explorations in Colored Pencil VII Chapter Show is underway. Start working on a piece now so you will be finished in time. Put these important dates on your calendar. We need volunteers to help with hanging & take-down of art work on the start and end dates. We also need volunteers to help during the reception. Please contact our President if you can help (Contact page).
For all details to enter your artwork, click HERE. Print the form and then complete it. Mail it before June 30th:
- Venue: San Ramon City Hall, 7000 Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon
- June 30th, Saturday: Submission deadline
- July 16th, Monday: Hanging of art pieces from 11am-1pm
- July 18th, Wednesday: Show OPENS
- July 21st, Saturday: Reception and presentation of awards (2pm-4pm at the City Hall)
- September 27th, Thursday: Show Ends
- September 28th, Friday: Takedown of art pieces (12pm-2pm)
- We are looking for ideas for field trips throughout the year. Please send your ideas to our President (go to the Contact page). Here are some we have so far:
- FiLoLi Gardens in Woodside – We have a date for this field trip: Saturday, June 23rd. More information will follow, but please let our President know if you plan to go, and especially if you can drive a carpool of members, or if you need a ride.
- Gilroy Gardens in Gilroy
- Hakone Japanese Gardens in Saratoga
- October 13, 2018 – Livermore Art Walk. Our organization has a booth every year at this event. Please consider submitting some of your art work as well as smaller items for sale, such as cards and matted prints. Also, we need your help with setup, tear-down, and manning the booth, so please contact our President if you can help in any way.